FlexHammer™ – Hammer mill
The FH series comes in a number of different sizes ranging from 700 mm in width to over 2 metres. The most commonly used crushers are the FH1500 and FH1800. They come both on tracks, mobile (on wheels) and in static configuration. You can also get them in top fed configuration, enabling less feeding equipment in narrow surroundings. Materials mostly associated with the FlexHammer™ Mill is recycled wood and other wooden materials. It is however important to remember that the FlexHammer™ Mill is good at a number of other materials as well.
Advantages with the FlexHammer™
- It is easy to change grates/screens for different material output and fractions.
- When processing recycled wood all nails etc. are liberated from the wood which makes the steel easy to magnetically separate.
- The finished product is suitable as fuel because of its fluffy characteristics.
- It’s also suitable in demanding applications where the process is split in primary and secondary crushing.
- When the material needs to be dried a fluffy material is preferred
- The FlexHammer™ homogenizes the crushed material thoroughly which is advantageous in combustion applications and highly appreciated by the fuel purchasers.
- The FlexHammer™ produces a good quality fuel also with worn hammers which makes it easier to plan service.
- 8. The reject system protects against consequential damages caused by uncrushable objects.
- The knife bridge/anvil makes sure also elastic materials are crushed effectively.
Shredders: Materials matter
Material that’s going to be treated by a rotary shear is material that needs to be treated by cutting (such as carpet/cloth rolls/plastic rolls etc.). It is also contaminated with metals etc., something which the rotary shear is not affected by. The material can be made to small size.
Material that’s going to be treated by a hook shredder is material that needs preparation for further processing (in many cases). Breakable materials or materials that can be torn apart by great force is broken down to about (0)100 – 500 mm. This material then makes it easier for a hammer mill or other type of cutting machine to do the rest of the job in an easier way.
There are also cutting-edge machines derived/designed from the lathe. These machines can be used to cut waste, which is more or less free from contaminants, into the desired size. They are slower in speed than a hammer mill (about 100-140 rpm) and use sharp edges to cut the waste to the desired size.