FlexHammer™ is our unique hammer mill and it’s included in all of our machines, mobile as stationary.
Mobile crushers with outstanding performance. High capacity hammer mill of industrial quality standard.
Different types of crushers and shredders
There are mainly two types of waste processing mills – slow speed and high speed. IQR provide both types – be it in stationary or mobile configuration. Used in combination or alone, higher price or lower price – it is all up to what you plan on doing. However, if you want the best of high volume waste processing plants you choose to combine the two. What decides the plant set-up is the type and quantity of your waste material. Also, it is important to know if you need to cut, shred or crush? – We help you to choose or we design a plant that does what is needed. It depends, on you and what your business requires.
Our machines are not the cheapest to buy but they are the cheapest to run on waste wood and industrial waste materials. This is because we build heavy duty machines which our customers have the waste volumes to justify.
Not only do we bring costs down – we enable a higher residual.
FlexHammer™ – Hammer mill
The FH series comes in a number of different sizes ranging from 700 mm in width to over 2 metres. The most commonly used crushers are the FH1500 and FH1800. They come both on tracks, mobile (on wheels) and in static configuration. You can also get them in top fed configuration, enabling less feeding equipment in narrow surroundings. Materials mostly associated with the FlexHammer™ Mill is recycled wood and other wooden materials. It is however important to remember that the FlexHammer™ Mill is good at a number of other materials as well.
Advantages with the FlexHammer™
- It is easy to change grates/screens for different material output and fractions.
- When processing recycled wood all nails etc. are liberated from the wood which makes the steel easy to magnetically separate.
- The finished product is suitable as fuel because of its fluffy characteristics.
- It’s also suitable in demanding applications where the process is split in primary and secondary crushing.
- When the material needs to be dried a fluffy material is preferred
- The FlexHammer™ homogenizes the crushed material thoroughly which is advantageous in combustion applications and highly appreciated by the fuel purchasers.
- The FlexHammer™ produces a good quality fuel also with worn hammers which makes it easier to plan service.
- The reject system protects against consequential damages caused by uncrushable objects.
- The knife bridge/anvil makes sure also elastic materials are crushed effectively.
A slow speed machine is either tearing (hook shredder) or in combination tearing/cutting (rotary shear). A hook shredder (in comparison with a rotary shear) can be used on many breakable materials (or materials that can be torn apart) with the difference that it won’t do the 0 -100 mm without re-circulation of oversize. Instead one can use a rotary shear if the material is such that a hammer mill won’t do the job.
Shredders: Materials matter
Material that’s going to be treated by a rotary shear is material that needs to be treated by cutting (such as carpet/cloth rolls/plastic rolls etc.). It is also contaminated with metals etc., something which the rotary shear is not affected by. The material can be made to small size.
Material that’s going to be treated by a hook shredder is material that needs preparation for further processing (in many cases). Breakable materials or materials that can be torn apart by great force is broken down to about (0)100 – 500 mm. This material then makes it easier for a hammer mill or other type of cutting machine to do the rest of the job in an easier way.
There are also cutting-edge machines derived/designed from the lathe. These machines can be used to cut waste, which is more or less free from contaminants, into the desired size. They are slower in speed than a hammer mill (about 100-140 rpm) and use sharp edges to cut the waste to the desired size.